"Let's kick cancer's booty and take some names."

LORD, after this suffering, let it be said that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel. As a result, make my Savior clear to all those around me. Because of my suffering and willing perseverance, cause others to be encouraged to speak the Word of God more courageously and fearlessly.
(Phillippians 1:12-14)

About Me

God is walking with me. This I know.

Followers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Gift & Some Good News


I am completely overwhelmed and amazed and honored and humbled by a gift I received today. (As a friend of mine says, "Do you always have to be overwhelmed? Can't you sometimes just be 'whelmed'?")
My sweet Aunt Evelyn made me a quilt. It's brown and dark pink and has hearts, flowers, paisley and tan colored breast cancer ribbons on it. It's absolutely gorgeous. But the back is what brought me to tears. She sent the backing of it (solid white) to my Momma. And it got passed around to my family and friends, and to some folks I'm only slightly acquainted with and they all signed it.
I honestly think that quilt has been to at least 3 states, maybe 4.
I will cherish it always.

The day got even better when I got a phone call from Dr. Cooper's nurse. The results of my gene test are in. I do NOT carry the gene that causes breast and ovarian cancer. That is such great news and a load off my mind.

To top the day off, I am meeting my best friends for supper: my sister Angie, my niece Megen, my sister Tammy (for those of you who know us, you know we ARE sisters), and my other niece Morgan (Tammy's daughter). My other BFFs are scattered over 2 states....wish they could be here too!

Surgery in the morning should be a breeze. I have to be at the hospital at 8:30 and surgery is supposed to begin at 10:30. I am praying for no infection this go around and for quick healing so I can move on to the next step.

Hugs to all! -

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you don't have that yucky gene. But you did get some good ones, your grace and strength from you mom, and your stubborness from you dad. Those are just a few things helping you through this.

    ReplyDelete