"Let's kick cancer's booty and take some names."

LORD, after this suffering, let it be said that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel. As a result, make my Savior clear to all those around me. Because of my suffering and willing perseverance, cause others to be encouraged to speak the Word of God more courageously and fearlessly.
(Phillippians 1:12-14)

About Me

God is walking with me. This I know.

Followers

Friday, April 23, 2010

YOU!!





When I learned the fact that cancer is in my body (a wise friend told me not to claim it; to never say "I have cancer") I decided that if nothing else, I would try to bring humor into this as often as I could. Here are a few people who make me laugh. If you've ever been to a Ward family function, you know how much we love to laugh. Between the Ward and Grissom families, I will never fail to have something to laugh at.

This picture of Scott has a story behind it. If you'd heard it, you would've cackled. He has a great and very dry sense of humor and it makes me laugh. A lot.

My friend Tammy. Oh my. We have laughed enough for 3 lifetimes. In fact, we were trying to quit laughing for this picture, but didn't have much luck. We were at church camp last summer and yes, we stayed up laughing way into the night.

And Alex. AKA, Flavor Flav, in this picture. We share an office at work. He keeps me in stitches.

There are so many others I could name. There are so many things people have said to me that make me smile. Countless people tell me they are praying for and thinking of me.

One story that absolutely makes me cry and grin from ear to ear at the same time is the story my Momma told me about Buddy Watson. For those of you who don't know Buddy, he goes to church at Old Hickory. Buddy is mentally challenged. He is one of the friendliest people I've ever seen and met. He is wearing a breast cancer pin. His mother told my mother that it was for me. I love it! Thank you BUDDY!!

And thanks to YOU ALL!! Have a great weekend!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment